Saturday, July 31, 2010




As some of you know, I took a road trip to NC with my sister this year. All the way across to the coast and back, in 11 days. Woot woot! That includes IN, IL, KY, VA, and West Virginia, if you lost track!

Every single day was packed with things to do, which means now I have a binder STUFFED with keepsakes, receipts, paper stubs, photographs, postcards and such. (I am such a collector of "stuff", no matter how insignificant I can't let anything go that has memories attached to it somewhere.)

Just the briefest glimpse of what we did:

A dinner cruise on the Ohio River (second pic, doing the cha cha on upper deck!)





It was my first experience staying at mostly bed and breakfasts, instead of hotels. It is exactly like living in somebody's home for a while, except you are given privacy and freedom to roam around the place like it was home - actually I could not believe that so many people trusted complete strangers with their own front door key, and then leave to go shopping with unattended guests at their own home! I LOVED it though!! By the way, of anybody needs a place to stay in Louisville, KY, you MUST stay at the "Inn at Woodhaven" - the innkeepers are three lovely ladies, and their cat Baby. :)

Our bedroom, and back entrance to it...




We visited Blandwood mansion, my great-great-great-great grandfather's home in Greensboro...



lots of shopping.....


met up with friends at Busch Gardens...


and onward to Colonial Williamsburg for the day...









did some parasailing over Atlantic Beach...




met some marines on the beach, who gave us a mini-tour of Cherry Point(!!)...




before we finally dragged ourselves home! I say dragged not because we were tired but because were sooo sad it had to come to an end. But that is where memories take over. And some say that is where the sweetest experience actually lies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that was one fabulous vacation. B&B's are terrific, aren't they.
Just found your shop; I love girly things, and you got 'em!

ViKotas/Etsy