Sunday, June 19, 2011

Estate saleing!

I've gotten onto an estate-sale kick lately. I originally wanted to just buy some cabinets and rolling carts to organize my work-space, but it is turning out to be a full-time addiction, with me checking online ads and signing up for sales alerts sent to my inbox! *oh my* I feel ten years old again, going around to sales with my mom, the antiques dealer.

So yesterday morning I awoke at 6 am, rolled out of bed and into some comfy clothes, grabbed some coffee and by 7 am I was in the car on my way to an estate sale in Ladue, one of the nicer suburbs of St. Louis. The lady was an avid sewer and crafter, so her entire sewing room was for sale!

THE STUFF:

A neat vintage sewing basket...



This awesome 1967 type-writer, in great working condition...



Hand-painted antique dish...



Stuffed giraffe - his tail is a tape measure :)



...and probably my best bargain: 6 drawers of brand new sewing thread!

No comments: