Wednesday, August 5, 2009

pulling up mushrooms



One of my favorite memories as a child was tramping through the woods with my dogs. In the summer it was an escape from the rest of the world, an exciting place where gnomes hid in burrows along the cliffside, and a bird-watching place for my sister and me when we were home-schooled. In fall the burrs covered us from head-to-toe, hair, skirts and wool socks! My mom warned us to never touch the mushrooms we found, ( the ones that sent up puffs of white powder when kicked were especially off-limits!) which of course sprung a huge fascination for them, much like anything prefaced with "don't touch" does :)

I made this little glass terrarium for the sake of these and happy childhood memories. Aren't these mushrooms darling?!!

sigh...I wish to return to those simpler times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.